Sunday, June 14, 2009

My Albertsons deals & why I rarely shop there

ARGHHHHH The Albertsons by me is so awful!! I went today because I wanted to get in on the buy 1 get 2 free deals on meat. Managed to get the Ball Park Franks deal and one of the pork chops deals. They were out of the Seasoned Pork Chops and also the Koolaid Burstin Waters. After paying I went to get rainchecks when they told me they didn't offer rainchecks on those since it was "while supplies last." Ok, I get that... in a way. But, if Albertsons EVER stocked enough supplies for their sales it would be a miracle! Every time I go there they never have their sales stuff in stock. So, to me it's just a gimmick. I guess I'll go to Publix as they honor competitor coupons. Should have just done that to begin with but I wanted a couple of things that were store brand sales and I didn't think Publix would honor it with their store brand, but I intend to find out!

Anyway, here's what I got
(MC = Manufacturer Coupon)

Dixie Crystals Sugar - 4lb - $1.79 w/ store coupon
3 Quaker Quakes Rice snacks (big bags) - sale for $2.50 each less $1 MC each
4 McCormick Taco Mix - sale for $1 each
Fab Liquid Detergent - $1.99 w/store coupon (I hope this is good - never used it)
3 Ball Park Franks - buy 1 get 2 free - $3.29 less $1 MC
4 Banquet Pot Pies - $0.59 each w/store coupon
2 Albertsons Fudge Bars - $0.79 each w/store coupon
3 BIG packages of pork chops - buy 1 get 2 free - $15.48 (saved $30.21)
1 3 Musketeers bar - w/free coupon from Free Chocolate Friday's

Total before sales/coupons - $87.34
after $34.08

No comments: