Friday, April 24, 2009

CVS Deals 4/23/09

ECB - Extra Care Bucks - store coupons issued by CVS for specific items
OOP- Out of Pocket, total actually paid out
MC - manufacturer coupons

Ok, so I'm really liking the www.iheartcvs.com site and the www.kingdomfirstmom.com site!

Total retail value of all: 50.89
Total spent: $24.17 plus I still have $2 in ECB's for next trip. Not the GREATEST trip, but still good

Transaction #1
3 John Frieda shampoos - on sale for $5 each, get $5 ECB's back, used 3 MC for $2 off 1 and a ECB for $0.50
Spent $9.45 OOP

Transaction #2
3 Tresemme hair spray =- on sale 3 for $10, get $5 ECB's back, used 3 MC for $1 off 1 and the $5 ECB from transaction #1
Spent $2.33 OOP

Transaction #3
2 Crest Pro Health Rinse - on sale for $2.88 each, get $4 ECT ($2 each), used 2 MC for $1 off 1
1 Breathe Right Strips - $13.99, used $3 ECB that was product specific (ONLY for these), and $1 MC (not the greatest price, but with store & mc it matched the price I'd probably pay at Walmart or Target), also used $5 ECB from Transaction #2
Spent $9.52 OOP

Transaction #4
1 Act Restore Mouthwash, on sale $3.79, get $2 ECB back, used $1 MC
2 cokes
used $4 ECB from transaction #3
Spent $1.96 OOP

Transaction #5
1 Act Restore Mouthwash, on sale $3.79, get $2 ECB back, used $1 MC and $2 ECB from Transaction #4
Spent $0.91 OOP

If I had been thinking better, I would have saved the 2 cokes for the final transaction and used my final $2 ECB and saved a bit more. Oh well, I'll use it later.

I had some other items on my list but they were out of them and then I forgot to get a raincheck!

Also, I looked at the Aveeno deal - spend $25 get $10 ECB's but I wouldn't use the facial skin care so I was only looking at the sunscreens. Seemed like a good deal - just over $4 each with coupons & ecb's, but the bottles were only 3 oz. So, ounce per ounce, there are other brands that would be less and still quality brands. For example, Banana Boat was on sale for $6.99 and it was an 8 oz bottle. I'm sure Walmart or Target would be even cheaper.

No comments: