Friday, April 24, 2009

meal planning site based on store sales

I recently found out about this site called E-Mealz, http://www.e-mealz.com/amember/go.php?r=44682&i=l0. I actually signed up for a trial basis last night. Basically, for $1.25 per week (but you have to pay in 12 week increments) you get a meal plan and shopping list for a week based upon the sales of the store of your choice. Publix was one of the choices and I usually shop Publix. And, they had a regular version, a low-fat version and a points version for those on weight watchers. I picked the Points version because we keep TRYING to get on WW! LOL

Anyway, a friend of mine used it and said she had lowered her grocery bill to about $125 or less per week for her family of 6. I figured with adding coupons in, I could get it even lower. The recipes seem good & easy too - not these ones that take hours of prep! here's my menu for this week (this is just for dinners)

Lemon-Basil Pork chops, roasted red potatoes
Baked French Toast, bacon, eggs
Tomato & Broccoli Penne Pasta, salad
Corn tortilla Soup, cauliflower, parmesan crips
Broiled Tilapia, sweet peas, fresh melons
Chicken Burritos, BBQ Chips, apple sauce
Honey Pecan Chicken, carrot puree

Now, some of this I know my family won't eat (like carrot puree, sweet peas or applesauce), but with a few substitutions, it seems pretty reasonable.

Just thought I'd share in case anyone else is interested in giving it a try. Per their rules, I cannot share their recipes but if you go to their site, they'll show you a 2-3 day sample.

No comments: