Sunday, August 10, 2008

Grocery Store Savings

I am not going to say a great deal about this subject on my blog because I am currently in the process of writing a book on it, and I'd rather you buy my book! :) But, I wanted to share the highlights of my shopping spree today!

My local grocery store has Nature Valley Granola Bars on sale BOGO (buy one, get one free). I grabbed six boxes. I had five coupons for $1 off one box. The regular price is $2.89. So, after the sale and coupons, I spent $3.67 for all 6 boxes, or $0.61 each! PLUS I also had coupons for a free box of Betty Crocker Fruit Snacks when you purchase 2 boxes of Nature Valley Granola Bar. But that's not all. Betty Crocker Fruit Snacks were also on sale for BOGO. I had 3 coupons for the free box, so I picked up 6 boxes of fruit snacks. The coupons were good for a value of up to $2.60 and the fruit snacks cost $2.75, so I did pay $0.45 for all 6 boxes, or less than 8 cents per box. That's a deal you can't pass up!

There were quite a few other sales and deals as well. My grand total before coupons and sales would have been $118.65 but I only spent $51.26. I had a store coupon for $5 off $50 and a couple of other good store coupons. And, this was a mystery shop so I'll get $17 back from that, making my out of pocket total only $34.26

Now...does that make you want to learn more? If so, I will be posting on here when my book is available.

No comments: