Friday, August 8, 2008

Laundry Saving Tips

I'll start off with some savings techniques on something we ALL have to do...laundry!

  • Always do full loads.
  • Hang clothes on a line to dry if possible. (I realize a lot of homeowners developments forbid clothes lines, but check into it.).
  • You can also reduce the amount of detergent you use and your clothes will still be clean. Keep in mind who sets the recommended amount to use – the people who make the product. They want you to buy more!
  • For Color Bleach, consider using good old-fashioned Borax instead of these high-priced color bleach products.
  • Fabric Softener: Cut/tear Dryer sheets in half or even fourths. It works just as well. If you prefer liquid, reduce the amount needed. Also, buy the concentrated formulas otherwise you are paying for the water they add.
  • Another option for saving is to make your own laundry detergent. I've used it in the past and it's worked fine for me. I will say I haven't used it recently because I've been getting All Small & Mighty on sale with coupons for less than $2 per bottle. But, if you would like the "recipe", just let me know and I'll be happy to post it.

No comments: